Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza-like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
MUWRP is located at plot 42 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
The Logistics section of the MUWRP invites the pre-qualification of reputable firms/Companies, organizations and individuals interested in being prequalified for various supplies/goods, works and services as mentioned below for the Financial Years 2017 /2018 to 2018/19.
Category A (Supplies)
- Human drugs, laboratory reagents, chemicals, test kits and medical sundries.
- Supply and maintenance of laboratory and medical equipment and accessories
- General stationeries and office supplies
- Petroleum products and lubricants.
- Computers, laptops, photocopiers, printers and accessories
- Supply and maintenances of Air conditioners and Accessories
- Supply of farm seeds & tools
- Supply and maintenance of generators, solar equipment and electrical appliances and Accessories
- Motor vehicles, Motorcycles, bicycles, tires, tubes, batteries and spare parts.
- Supply of sports equipment and indoor games.
- Supply of Drinking water
- Supply and maintenance of Fire-fighting equipment and general spares (offer firefighting services as well)
- General Sanitary (house- keeping) supplies
- Boats and Marine Supplies.
Category B- Services
- Legal Services
- Secretarial, printing, binding & photocopying services.
- Insurance Services including Health insurance
- Security services
- Engraving and embroidery services
- Cleaning(office),fumigation and compound maintenance
- Customs clearing and forwarding
- Repair and maintenance of motor vehicles and cycles
- Repair and maintenance of Computers, Printers, Faxes, Photocopiers
- Cabbage collections and disposal
- Courier services
- Car washing
- Advertising and Media
- Travel and Air Ticketing
- Transport Services ( motor vehicle hire)
- Furniture and Fittings
- Communication and Data services
- Hotel and conference facilities.
- Outside catering services
- Plumbing, renovations, repairs and maintenance of MUWRP facilities.
- Insurance brokerage
- Boat Servicing and repairs
- Consultancy services including
- MS Dynamics Nav Support
- Human Resource Management and Training
- General consultancy
Pre-qualification will be conducted in accordance with Funding Agency and MUWRP requirements. You are requested to pick application documents and or terms of reference beginning on 10th October 2017 from the Logistics Section of the MUWRP upon presentation of a receipt for payment of a none refundable fee of Ug shilling 100,000 obtainable from MUWRP Accounts section. Sealed envelopes marked ‘Applications to be pre-qualified for’… (Please specify the service/goods etc), should be addressed to: The Logistics Department MUWRP, Plot 42 Nakasero Road and delivered, registered by the 31th October 2017
N.B MUWRP is not bound by the lowest or highest bidder.