Position Title: Accounts Assistant
Position Location: Kampala
The Accounts Assistant will provide financial support to the Finance section in the areas of petty cash management, voucher preparation, following up accountability of working advances, filling of accounting documents and entering accounting data into the accounting software.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Maintenance, monitoring the Program’s petty cashbooks
2. Receiving all approved payment requests
3. Entering approved payment requests into accounting software- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
4. Uploading payments into the online banking platforms (Straight2bank for SCB and Citi online banking for CITIBANK)
5. Preparation/ lining up of payment vouchers for both cash and bank payments
6. Registering all payments before issuing them to the vendors and ensuring that receipts are obtained.
7. Follows up accountability of advances following procedures in the accounting manual
8. Processing receipts and sales invoices for Lab incomes
9. Ensure utility bills are promptly settled as and when they fall due
10. Participate in the preparation of Audit files / Audit processes
11. Files all accounting documents in properly labeled files
12. Assists in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
13. Other reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor and / or Head of Department.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
• The successful applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degrees in Accounting or a related field.
• At least two years’ experience in a busy office environment.
• Prior experience with using Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
• Keen attention to detail.
• High levels of confidentiality and integrity.
• Fluency in verbal and written English.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
Supervisory controls: The candidate will report to the Finance Manager.
Physical ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The ability to travel to MUWRP sites across the country.
Not later than 22nd November 2019
Position Title: Sanitary Officer (2) Positions.
Location: – MUWRP – Plot 42 Nakasero Road
The candidate will serve as a sanitary officer for Makerere University Walter Reed Project and will be charged with general cleanliness of MUWRP – Nakasero offices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Keeping the office clean at all times by gathering and emptying waste bins.
2. Sweeping and mopping floors.
3. Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills
4. Keep records of sundries and replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
5. Using chemical agents to clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks.
6. Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the supervisor of low stock levels (e.g. cleaning products)
7. Maintain tidy and organised storage areas.
8. Notify the supervisor of any repairs required
9. Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
10. Cleaning Project vehicles
11. Loading and offloading of supplies and equipment when required
12. Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
i. At least an ‘O’ Level Certificate
ii. Physical fitness
iii. The candidate should be innovative and self-driven with good communication skills and proven integrity.
iv. High level of responsibility in handling project property
v. Willingness to put in extra time and effort when required is essential.
vi. Willingness to be trained in the Standard Operating procedures of jurisdiction
vii. Should be willing to start work immediately.
viii. Must have a recommendation letter from a MUWRP staff or acceptable responsible person
The Sanitary officer will serve under the immediate supervision of the Facilities Officer.
Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
Not later than 15th November 2019
Interested candidates should complete a MUWRP Application Form
Please download from here:
Fill and submit it together with their Application letter, Photocopies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees, as one word/pdf document. The location should be clearly stated in the application and sent to:
The Senior Human Resource Officer
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala.
Or via email to: – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.